Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Successful Promo and New Cover

I have a couple of small updates!

First, last week I had all of my books, at some point, for free on Amazon.  I am trying out the variations available (how many days/what days of the week/where to advertise) in order to figure out the best combinations to reach the largest audience.

That's really my whole goal here: To reach my target audience.  Because YOU are the ones that I write for!  It would be easy for me to write the book, get it up on CreateSpace and KDP (both Amazon co) and then do nothing else.  What would happen, is it would simply get buried under the literal hundreds of thousands of new titles.

I am finding that other than writing the book, the biggest part of being an Indie author is the marketing.  Right now, social media is the biggest component of that.  Sure...I can set up a book signing or other public event (which I will do in the future) but realistically, how am I going to get my books in front of the most people?  SO...I sighed a big sigh and took the plunge a few weeks back (this board being one of my steps in the process).

I am really astounded at how it all works.  Twitter is an amazing tool.  With a few shares, my ad reaches thousands.  No, so far my sales haven't really moved much, but I know that this takes time.

Another part of this whole marketing thing is presentation.  This is why, when I clicked the submit for the free dates on 'Heritage', I started thinking.  I've known that the cover was a bit dull as far as a sci-fi goes, but the thought of designing a new one was daunting.  I really don't have an extra few hundred lying around that I can commit to that.  However, another thing I have found lately is the stock art resource, and I've gotten better with the editor program, Gimp.  So I went ahead and got one done, and it was updated halfway through the promo.

Here it is.  Let me know what you think!


I am moving forward with the third and final book in 'The Forgotten origins Trilogy', 'Descent'.  I am quite excited about this one.  You are going to be surprised with some of the developments and will NOT be let down on character/story building.  It's going to be even longer then Heritage, there's just no way aroundt it.  I can't split it into two books, because well....then it wouldn't be a trilogy!


No comments:

Post a Comment