Sunday, March 9, 2014

Bloodline

Welcome!


Bloodline is book 1 in the 'Forgotten Origins Trilogy'; a YA Sci-Fi thriller suitable for all ages.


I am new to the blogging world, but since I obviously enjoy to write, I imagine that it will be a fun experience!  I'm looking forward to having feedback and interaction with anyone who likes to read YA, and hopefully Bloodline!


I am going to go ahead and post the pitch for Bloodline, vs the simple description off the back of the book.  This gives more detail than I normally reveal, but since I am writing to an audience that knows what they like and want to read, I think it only fair to let you know what you'd be getting into. :)




The PITCH:


BLOODLINE 


Alex isn’t who she thought she was. Nothing in her world makes sense anymore. 

Hours after a rare meteor shower, an infection rapidly spreads out from her small town. Alex and her younger brother are immune, but not their mother. As she recovers from the virus, the sniffles are replaced by something much worse.  

It begins with a lack of emotions and becomes alarming when slight physical abnormalities start to appear: increased reflexes, dilated pupils, and a rise in IQ. And her mom isn’t the only one. The people Alex grew up with turn into strangers. When they start behaving like they have a similar purpose that doesn’t include her, she seeks help from her classmate Chris.  

Together, they decipher cryptic messages left by her father before his death. With mounting evidence that the virus is part of an organized plan, Alex is forced to accept that it has always been her fate to stop it. To succeed, they must unravel mysteries that trace back to ancient Egypt, secret societies and noble bloodlines.

Led into the mountains of the Pacific Northwest, the teens fight overwhelming odds to find a cure. With their friends and family turned against them, it will take not only courage, but also faith in each other and an unrelenting will to survive.

Here is the cover for Bloodline:

The Amazon link:  Amazon

Bloodline is available in both ebook format (2.99) and paperback (9.99)



I'm really hoping to reach some of the YA community via blogging.  If you have any suggestions or recommendations on what you would like to know in order to help you decide if Bloodline is your type of book; let me know!


Book reviews from amazon:

5 stars
I just finished the book and enjoyed reading it very much. It kept my interest to the very end. I think it is a great book for young readers who enjoy the mysteries of supernatural events.
-C.Jenks

5 stars
Bloodline is a must read. It kept me captivated unable to put the book down. You fall in love with all the Charachter's from the start. Sixteen year old Alex, her younger brother Jake, Alex friend Chris and last but not least their faithful dog Baxter. The Meteor shower they go to watch spreads a virus to almost all on lookers around the globe. Her dad who Died two years before in a alledged mugging left her plenty of mysterious tips to help her save the world. I loved the book and was sad when it ended.
-Ruthie Manier

5 stars
What a great read! I couldn't put it down! Enjoyable as an adult and a book I'd highly recommend for teens!
-H. Pless

5 stars
"Bloodline" by Tara Ellis is a fast paced sci-fi thriller suitable for all ages. I would highly recommend this book for anyone who enjoys a well-developed plot and believable characters. If you enjoyed the "Hunger Games" or "Divergent:" Series, then this is the Trilogy for you .
-L. Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment